I love coconut macaroons. However, these days, I find them a little too sweet and too time consuming to make. But I still love chocolate and coconut! So I wanted a quick alternative that combined coconut and dark chocolate, was super easy to make, and not overly sweet. These dark chocolate and coconut haystacks couldn’t be simpler. They contain only two ingredients and you don’t have to temper the chocolate.
Recipe makes approximately 20 chocolate haystacks.
Dark Chocolate and Coconut Haystacks
Simple and delicious these dark chocolate coconut haystacks are a satisfying and healthy treat.
- 200 grams dark chocolate I prefer 70% dark chocolate
- 100 grams coconut flakes unsweetened (I prefer large flakes)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Chop chocolate into small chunks, transfer all but the smallest crumbs/pieces to a glass bowl
- Melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until mostly melted
- Continue to stir chocolate until completely melted and cool to touch
- Add chocolate crumbs to melted chocolate, stir to encorporate
- Add coconut flakes to melted chocolate, stir until fully coated with chocolate
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of chocolate / coconut mixture onto parchment paper to harden
- Once solid, transfer haystacks to an air-tight container until ready to serve
Nutrition information (per haystack, 15g):
- 97 calories
- 2.6 g added sugar
- 2.0 g fiber
- 1.1 g protein