I stop using my oven when the weather gets hot. So from spring to early fall, many of our meals are cooked on the grill. This lemon and rosemary chicken is a dinner that can be pulled together quickly and goes well with grilled veggies or a green salad with lemon tahini dressing or my husband’s favorite homemade barbecue sauce. And I always make extra for a quick chicken caesar salad for lunch later in the week.
Recipe serves 4 adults, or our family plus leftovers for lunch.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (a whole chicken also works well)*
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 lemons, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- Cut breasts horizontally, so they are split in half (this will speed up marinading and cooking time)
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish (or ziplock bag)
- Add chicken to marinade and fully coat
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes up to 4 hours (I have even frozen the marinading chicken at this point)
- Grill over medium heat for 6 to 10 minutes depending on the heat of your grill
*Note: I choose to purchase chicken that was raised without antibiotics.