This is one of my family’s all-time favorite chicken marinades. It is packed with the delicious savory flavors of sesame and ginger while a touch of maple syrup adds just a hint of sweetness. During the summer I will typically grill chicken thighs in this sesame ginger lime marinade and serve them with an asian inspired coleslaw and sesame soba noodles. It is a super quick and easy weeknight meal that we all love.
Easy Make-Ahead Marinade!
I often double the ginger soy lime marinade recipe. Freezing chicken already marinaded makes for a quick and easy week-night dinner. Just thaw the chicken and grill!
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T roasted sesame oil
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T maple syrup
- 6 chicken thighs*
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow glass dish, mix thoroughly
- Add chicken thighs, coating completely in marinade
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs up to overnight
- Grill on medium-high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes for chicken thighs
- Note: chicken can be frozen in marinade used at a later date. Just thaw and grill
*Note: I choose to purchase chicken that was raised without antibiotics.
Pin recipe for later: