With just two ingredients, this grapefruit and pomegranate fruit salad recipe is shockingly simple to prepare. Bursting with tart and sweet flavors, this winter fruit salad is one of my family’s favorite holiday recipes.
Healthy and Delicious Winter Fruit Salad
My family has been making this pomegranate and grapefruit salad for as long as I can remember. My dad originally made this citrus salad with pomelos, a large citrus fruit with a sweet, mild grapefruit flavor. However, pomelos are almost impossible to find in North Carolina.
I make my version of this pomegranate fruit salad with ruby red grapefruit. The result is a beautiful deep pink and red salad that is just bursting with flavor! Plus, with just two ingredients, pomegranate citrus fruit salad is vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and Whole30 compliant!
Grapefruit and Pomegranate Fruit Salad Recipe
- 2.5 cups Pomegranate Arils, from two large pomegranates
- 3.5 cups Ruby Red Grapefruit Segments, from three large grapefruits
- Mint, optional to garnish
- Combine pomegranate arils and ruby red grapefruit segments in a medium size serving bowl. Serve immediately or refrigerate covered for up to two days before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Sodium: 1.2mgFiber: 2.5gProtein: 1g
Versatile Winter Fruit Salad
This tangy and refreshing pomegranate grapefruit salad recipe is very versatile. It can be served as dessert on Thanksgiving (along with pie, of course), a side dish for Christmas dinner, and even alongside traditional favorites for a holiday brunch.
Tips and tricks for making Pomegranate Grapefruit Salad
- This winter citrus salad can be made two days in advance and is delicious when served cold or at room temperature
- If you are looking for an easy way to seed a pomegranate, I like this underwater method from Tori Avey
- Segment the grapefruit over your serving bowl to collect any extra juice
- If you can find it, add or substitute pomelo or your favorite type of sweet grapefruit for the ruby red grapefruit
Pin recipe for later…