These gluten-free and nut-free pancakes are delicious and packed with protein. Chickpea flour and oat flour ensure the pancakes are hearty and filling, and yet still light and fluffy.
Delicious protein-packed pancakes
The protein in these pancakes comes from greek yogurt and chickpea flour, not protein powder. Each pancake contains 6 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, with NO added sugar.
This recipe makes 14 5-inch pancakes and the extras refrigerate and freeze well. Simply reheat in the toaster or microwave.
Nut Free Protein Pancake Recipe
- 1 cup chickpea, garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup oat flour, I make my own by blending old fashioned oats
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, plus more for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or large pourable glass measuring cup
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan on medium heat
- Pour batter onto hot griddle
- Flip pancakes once bubbles appear
- Cook pancakes until lightly browned on both sides
Each pancake contains 6 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95
A note about chickpea flour
Chickpea flour, also known as garbanzo bean flour, can be hard to find in your local grocery store. I typically order chickpea flour online. However, I recently learned that chickpea flour can easily be made by grinding chickpeas in a food processor or high powered blender. Which, by the way, is also how I make my oat flour.