We eat pancakes for breakfast at least once a week. While my family loves our go-to almond and whole wheat flour pancakes, sometimes we just need to mix things up. Especially when we have friends or family visiting who may have wheat or nut allergies. These protein packed pancakes are our other favorite. They are light and fluffy and the chickpea flour adds a creaminess to the pancakes that we really enjoy.
Delicious protein packed pancakes
The protein in these pancakes comes from greek yogurt and chickpea flour… you will not find any protein powder in these pancakes. Each pancake contains 6 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber, and NO added sugar. We eat them topped with our favorite fruit and a little maple syrup. These protein packed pancakes are a healthier, filling breakfast your whole family will enjoy!
This recipe makes 14 5-inch pancakes and the extras refrigerate and freeze well. Simply reheat in the toaster or microwave.
Nut Free Protein Pancakes
Fluffy and filling, these whole grain and nut-free protein pancakes will satisfy even your pickiest eater!
- 1 cup chickpea garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup oat flour I make my own by blending old fashioned oats
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon oil butter, coconut oil, avocado oil... plus more for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or large pourable glass measuring cup
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan on medium heat
- Pour batter onto hot griddle
- Flip pancakes once bubbles appear
- Cook pancakes until lightly browned on both sides
Each pancake contains 6 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber
A note about chickpea flour
Chickpea flour (also known as garbanzo bean flour) can be hard to find in your local grocery store. I typically order chickpea flour online. However, I recently learned that chickpea flour can easily be made by grinding chickpeas in a food processor or high powered blender. Which, by the way, is also how I make my oat flour.
Nutrition information (per pancake):
- 95 calories
- 0 g added sugar
- 2 g fiber
- 6 g protein