These paleo coconut macaroons are a delicious and yet healthy treat. The outside is crispy and full of toasted coconut flavor while the inside is chewy and soft.
Unlike most coconut macaroons, these cookies are not cloyingly sweet. Sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup, these macaroons are a delicious dessert you can truly enjoy.
3 Ingredient Paleo Macaroons
These healthy coconut macaroons are easy and quick to make. And they only contain three ingredients!
Simple whisk together the egg whites and maple syrup before stirring in the unsweetened flaked coconut.
To ensure the macaroons are uniform in size, use a cookie dough scoop to transfer 1.5 tablespoon scoops of the macaroon mixture to a silicone or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
If you don’t have a cookie scoop, it is a tool that I would highly recommend. It really speeds up the process of creating uniform cookies, mini-muffins and even meatballs… without a mess!
In less than 30 minutes, you can have toasty and delicious coconut macaroons that are low in added sugar.
Paleo Coconut Macaroon Recipe
- 2.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, (honey can also be used)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking liner
- Whisk egg whites and maple syrup until frothy
- Add shredded coconut and stir until entirely coated with egg white mixture
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie dough scoop, scoop coconut egg mixture out onto prepared baking sheet
- If needed, shape macaroons into perfect mounds with fingers
- Bake in oven until golden brown, about 20 to 22 minutes
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow macaroons to cool completely before serving
Paleo Coconut Macaroons are at their crispy best when served shortly after baking. They are also delicious when dipped in quick tempered dark chocolate!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 macaroon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141.5Total Fat: 12.7gSaturated Fat: 11.3gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21.4mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gFiber: 3.3gSugar: 2.2gProtein: 2.3g
How long can you store coconut macaroons?
I have successfully stored these coconut macaroons in an air-tight container at room temperature for one week. However, they will loose their crisp exterior.
Tips and tricks for these Coconut Macaroons
- Use a cookie scoop to quickly and uniformly place the macaroon mixture on the baking sheet
- Gently reshape macaroons, if needed, before baking
- If there is too much liquid in the macaroon mixture, just add a little more coconut. Extra liquid sometimes occurs because of the variable amount of egg white in each egg
- If you prefer sweeter macaroons, double the maple syrup or dip the macaroons in your favorite dark chocolate
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
These coconut macaroons are also delicious if dipped in melted dark chocolate!
Simply melt your favorite chocolate in the microwave using this quick and easy chocolate tempering technique and dip the macaroon bottoms.
Place the chocolate dipped coconut macaroons on parchment or wax paper until chocolate is set.
Other Paleo Desserts you may enjoy:
Pin recipe for later:
This Coconut Macaroon recipe was originally published in March, 2018. The recipe has since been updated with enhanced recipe instructions, additional photos, and a video.