This creamy cilantro lime sauce is a summer staple in our house. It pairs perfectly with Ginger Turmeric Chicken, and also makes a fantastic salad dressing. And since the cilantro lime sauce uses greek yogurt as a base, I use it liberally.
I know this sauce requires more than a couple ingredients, but trust me… it is worth adding any non-staples to your shopping list.
This sauce is super quick to make and lasts for a few days in the refrigerator. The cilantro and lime provide such a fresh flavor you will want to top everything with it!
- 1 Jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, washed and squeezed dry*
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt, (I prefer whole or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients food processor or blender and process until cilantro is finely chopped and uniform
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve or refrigerate until needed. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 days
Recipe makes approximately 1.5 cups of sauce. Nutrition information is based on a 2 tablespoon serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46
*Note: I choose to buy organic cilantro (read more about pesticides and produce and specifically chlorpyrifos residue on cilantro and other produce).