This creamy cilantro lime sauce is a summer staple in our house. It pairs perfectly with Ginger Turmeric Chicken, and also makes a fantastic salad dressing. And since the cilantro lime sauce uses greek yogurt as a base, I use it liberally.
I know this sauce requires more than a couple ingredients, but trust me… it is worth adding any non-staples to your shopping list.
This sauce is super quick to make and lasts for a few days in the refrigerator. The cilantro and lime provide such a fresh flavor you will want to top everything with it!
Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 jalapeno seeded
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro* washed and squeezed dry
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled (optional - will add some zing!)
- 1 cup greek yogurt (I prefer whole or 2%)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients food processor or blender and process until cilantro is finely chopped and uniform
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until chilled
*Note: I choose to buy organic cilantro (read more about pesticides and produce and specifically chlorpyrifos residue on cilantro and other produce).
Pin recipe for later: