Ginger Turmeric Chicken is one of my family’s favorite summer meals. The ginger turmeric marinade creates grilled chicken that is super juicy and flavorful.
This grilled chicken recipe is also perfect for summer cookouts since it can be easily doubled (or tripled!) to feed a crowd. Plus, it is paleo, Whole30 compatible, gluten-free and keto friendly!
This versatile ginger turmeric marinade is dairy-free, gluten-free and Whole30 compliant!
When grilling, I typically use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Thighs stay juicy and showcase the flavors of this ginger turmeric marinade well.
However, chicken breasts, shrimp, and even tofu are delicious when prepared with this marinade. Just be sure to adjust the grilling time accordingly!
Grilled Ginger Turmeric Chicken Recipe
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled or 1 teaspoon powder turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, (low sodium tamari or soy sauce can also be used)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs*
- sea salt, to taste
- sweet red peppers, for garnish (optional)
- Combine ginger, turmeric, garlic, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos in a food processor or blender. Process to make a thick paste
- Add marinade to 2 lbs chicken thighs in a glass bowl (or ziplock bag) and marinade overnight in refrigerator
Grill Ginger Turmeric Chicken
- Heat gas grill to medium heat
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill turning occasionally until fully cooked, about 12-14 minutes depending on the heat of your grill
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and serve
Note: preparation time includes overnight marination.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 37g
*Note: Did you know that 80% of the antibiotics sold in the United States are for livestock? This is why I choose to purchase chicken raised without antibiotics.
Ginger Turmeric Chicken serving suggestions
For a simple summer meal, I typically serve this grilled chicken on a bed of organic baby spinach along with a side of cauliflower rice or quinoa.
The grilled ginger turmeric chicken is also delicious when served with a creamy cilantro lime sauce or guacamole.
Tested and delicious substitutions for the ginger turmeric marinade:
- Use low sodium tamari instead of coconut aminos (recipe will be gluten-free, but not Whole30 compatible)
- Low sodium soy sauce can be used in place of coconut aminos (recipe will not be gluten-free or Whole30 compatible)
- White distilled vinegar can be used in place of apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice can be used in place of apple cider vinegar
Other delicious grilled chicken recipes you may enjoy:
Pin recipe for later:
This recipe was originally published on June 28, 2017. The recipe has since been updated with refreshed photos and enhanced recipe instructions.