This oven dried blueberry fruit leather is one of my family’s favorite on-the go healthy snacks. With just two ingredients, and no added sugar, these blueberry apple fruit roll-ups are a delicious and healthy treat your whole family will love.
Homemade blueberry fruit leather is a healthy, on-the-go snack!
These little fruit rolls are an easy, mess-free way to enjoy fruit as healthy on-the-go treat. The little blueberry rolls fit perfectly in school lunch containers and are also great for snacks and picnics.
Simple steps to make oven dried blueberry fruit roll-ups:
Oven dried blueberry fruit leather is an easy to make, healthy snack. With just two ingredients, a blender, and some time you can have a naturally sweet snack your whole family will love.
You can make this oven baked blueberry apple fruit leather on either a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Just please do not try making it on plastic wrap, wax paper, or foil! The plastic and wax paper will likely melt and it is VERY hard to remove the fruit leather from aluminum foil.
When the blueberry fruit leather is finally dry, transfer the parchment paper to a cutting board and cut into strips. My children like small rolls similar to fruit by the foot, so I cut strips that are a about an inch and a half wide.
Roll-up the dried blueberry leather and pack it up for snack, school lunch, or your next picnic. And consider doubling the batch (and cooking it on two baking sheets)… this fruit leather will be gone before you know it!
Oven Dried Blueberry Fruit Leather Recipe
- 1 apple, unpeeled with core removed (peal if not organic)
- 2 cups blueberries, wild, thawed if using frozen
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Add cored apple and thawed blueberries to blender
- Puree until smooth
- Pour the fruit puree onto a parchment lined baking sheet (17.5 x 13 inch)
- Spread puree until it almost reaches the edge of the parchment
- Lift up the baking sheet and gently jiggle the puree until it is a uniform thickness
- Bake the blueberry apple puree in preheated oven for 2 hours
- Reduce temperature in oven to 160 degrees F, continue baking for another 2 hours
- Remove blueberry fruit leather from oven. Test if it is done by gently lifting the side of the fruit sheet
- If the fruit easily releases from the parchment paper, the fruit leather is finished baking. If not, return to oven and bake for one more hour
- Once fruit leather is dry enough to remove from the parchment paper, transfer the entire sheet to a cutting board and cut into strips approximately 1.5 inches wide
- Roll strips and enjoy right away or transfer to an airtight container. This blueberry fruit leather can be stored at room temperature for up to four days or in the refrigerator for up to one week
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
How long can you store homemade fruit leather?
I have stored this fruit leather in an airtight container at room temperature for over a week without any problems. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a month. But to be honest, this blueberry fruit leather rarely lasts more than a day or two in our house!
Homemade blueberry fruit leather tips and tricks
- One cup apple sauce can be used in place of the whole apple (total fiber content will be reduced)
- A food processor can be used instead of a blender, though blueberry seeds will be present in the fruit leather
- Do not use aluminum foil, plastic wrap or wax paper! The blueberry leather will stick to the foil and become very hard to remove. And plastic wrap and wax paper are not meant for use in the oven
- A silicone baking sheet can be used instead of parchment paper
Other delicious oven dried fruit snack recipes
Want to try other delicious oven dried fruit snacks? In addition to these delicious homemade blueberry fruit roll-ups, my family loves oven dried strawberries and peach chips made with freshly picked summer fruit. Both snacks transform sweet and juicy summer fruit into a portable, mess-free snack.
Pin recipe for later…