Strawberry season is finally here and my kitchen is filled with freshly-picked strawberries. We are *happily* enjoying juicy, ripe strawberries with almost every meal. Lunch and dinner are no exception! This strawberry avocado spinach salad with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious, healthy salad everyone in your family will love.
Healthy Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Basil and Pistachios
Healthy and delicious salads are easy to make. You just need good, fresh ingredients and a combination of flavors and textures. This sweet and creamy strawberry-centered salad can be pulled together in just a few minutes. And because this strawberry spinach salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and Whole30 compliant, it can be enjoyed by almost anyone.
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad Recipe
I like salads with a combination of sweet, salty and tangy flavors with creamy and crunchy textures. And this strawberry avocado spinach salad has them all! Sweet, ripe strawberries. Salty, crunchy roasted pistachios. Creamy avocado. Fresh baby spinach and basil. All combined in a sweet and tangy strawberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yum!
Bursting with the sweet and tangy flavors of freshly-picked strawberries, this strawberry avocado spinach salad with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette is a delightful accompaniment to any meal.
- 4 cups baby spinach * (about 6-oz)
- 2 cups strawberries * (hulled and sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup basil (cut into thin strips, chiffonade)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (shelled, roasted, and lightly salted)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 1 cup strawberries * (hulled)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vineger
- 1 clove garlic
Toss all salad ingredients together with strawberry balsamic dressing in a medium size salad bowl. If you would like to make avocado roses, as pictured, follow these instructions
Combine strawberries, oil, vinegar, and whole garlic clove in a blender. Blend until dressing is uniform and creamy, about 1 minute
This Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad is Kid Friendly!
My two boys happily eat this strawberry avocado spinach salad, without the dressing. However, I do serve their salads deconstructed where the ingredients are separated.
According to research from the Cornell Food and Brand Lab, children have different food serving preferences than adults. And when children like how food is presented, they are more likely to eat and enjoy it. Read the full article on plating food for kids: why deconstructed meals work.
Why this Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado is a Healthy Choice:
- Strawberries are a great source of antioxidants
- Fresh basil contains eugenol, a volatile oil found in basil inhibits the enzymes that produce inflammation
- Spinach and other dark leafy greens contain the antioxidant vitamins A, C, E and K
- The healthy fats in the salad dressing, pistachios, and avocado help enhance absorption of fat-soluble vitamins in the salad
- Pureed strawberries sweeten the dressing instead of added sugar
Nutrition information (per serving, 4 servings):
- 266 calories
- 0 g added sugar
- 6.9 g fiber
- 5.7 g protein
- 21 g fat
Pin recipe for later: