Oven dried peach chips are a delicious way to enjoy the intense flavor of summer sweet peaches year round. Perfect in trail mix, granola, or just on their own, these crispy peach chips are sure to be your family’s new favorite snack!
Easy oven dried peach chips
Baked peach chips are simple to make and are a healthy snack or addition to your favorite homemade granola. Just a few easy steps, and some time, are all you need to make a crispy, crunchy, naturally-sweet snack your whole family will love.
Can I make peach chips in an oven?
I used to think that I needed a food dehydrator to make my favorite dried fruit snacks. However, it turns out that all you need is an oven and a few lined baking sheets. A low temperature and some patience is all it takes to create these delicious dried peach chips.
When making peach chips in the oven, it is important to slice your peaches as uniformly as possible. This ensures the peaches will finish drying about the same time. I have found that 1/8 inch thick peach slices are thick enough to flip without tearing and yet not so thick that they require excessive amounts of baking time to dry.
After about two hours in the oven, the peach slices should be almost dry to the touch. This is when you want to peal them off of the parchment and flip them over so they can finish drying.
During the last hour or so of drying, keep your eye on the peach chips. If smaller peach slices finish drying first, and you can always remove them from the oven while the larger peach chips finish drying.
For sweet peach chips, use in-season ripe peaches
Your peach chips will only be as sweet as the fresh peaches used to make them. You will have the best results if you make dried peaches with ripe, in-season peaches.
Oven Dried Peach Chip Recipe
- 2 Peaches, peel if peaches are not organic
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment
- Wash and dry peaches. Cut in half and remove the pit
- Peel peaches if you prefer to not eat the peel or if they are not organic*
- Slice peaches in 1/8 inch slices, reserve ends for another use. Note: if you slice the peaches thicker, it will take longer for them to dry
- Place peach slices on parchment lined baking sheet, leaving space between each slice
- Bake at 200 degrees F for approximately 2 hours, until the top of the peaches are dry
- Peel the peach slices from the parchment paper and flip over. Continue to bake for another 30 minutes to an hour until fully dehydrated
- Remove the dried peach slices from the oven and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. The peach chips can be stored for several months at room temperature without spoiling
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 51Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
*Peaches consistently rank on the EWG’s “Dirty Dozen” list. That is way I purchase either peaches raised without pesticides from a local farm or organic peaches. Read more on pesticides and produce.
Tips and tricks for making dried peaches in the oven
- Use “free stone” or “cling free” peaches to make these oven dried peach chips
- Multiple baking sheets of peach chips can be baked at the same time. However, the amount of time needed for the peaches to fully dehydrate will increase
- You can use the convection setting on your oven. Depending on your oven, this may decrease the time needed to make the peach chips. Be sure to check on the peaches often toward the end of their drying time!
How long can you store dried peach chips?
Peach chips must be completely dry for them to have a long shelf life. I have successfully stored oven dried peaches in an air-tight container at room temperature for a few months. However, now that I have children we are lucky if the peach chips last for a few weeks and can be added to school lunches and snacks.
Other delicious oven dried fruit snack recipes
Want to try other delicious oven dried fruit snacks? In addition to these delicious and crisp peach chips, my family loves oven dried strawberries made with freshly picked summer strawberries.
Another favorite is homemade blueberry fruit leather, which transforms blueberries into a portable, mess-free snack. And the fruit rolls are a healthy treat you can make all year because they are made with frozen blueberries.
Pin recipe for later…