Upgrade roasted cauliflower with a crispy parmesan-like coating. Easy enough for weeknights, this amazing tahini crusted cauliflower is sure to be your new favorite veggie side.
Plus, this easy cauliflower recipe gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, vegan, keto friendly, and Whole30 compatible!
Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Sauce
Seriously, this is the best healthy cauliflower recipe! The simple 4-ingredient tahini lemon sauce adds a cheesy flavor to oven roasted cauliflower.
Why this cauliflower recipe is a healthy choice:
- Serving veggies with healthy oil or fat helps your body absorb fat-soluble vitamins
- Making vegetables delicious and crave-able is an easy way to eat more veggies
- Eating moderate amounts of healthy fats, like those found in avocado oil and seeds, is part of a healthy lifestyle
Easy Cauliflower Side-Dish
It takes less than a minute to whip up the lemon tahini sauce that elevates this roasted cauliflower.
First, toss your cleaned cauliflower florets in avocado oil and roast.
While the cauliflower is roasting, whisk together the lemon tahini sauce. Pour the tahini sauce over the roasted cauliflower florets and toss to coat fully.
Return the sauce covered cauliflower to the oven for a few minutes to toast the tahini so it can take on a parmesan-like taste and texture.
Finally, season the roasted cauliflower with finely ground sea salt to taste and serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks for Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup
- Cauliflower florets can be cleaned (but not washed) up to 48 hours in advance of cooking
- It is okay to use frozen cauliflower in place of fresh. However, while using frozen cauliflower saves time on cleaning, it does not shorten the roasting time! (Have you ever wondered if frozen veggies are as healthy as fresh? Check out this post comparing vitamin content in fresh and frozen veggies!)
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 lbs Cauliflower Florets, (about 1 large head cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F on the convection bake setting. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, drizzle cauliflower florets with 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Toss until combined
- Roast until the cauliflower is brown and crispy, about 20 minutes, stir once to ensure even browning
- While cauliflower is roasting, whisk together lemon juice, remaining avocado oil, and tahini
- Coat the roasted cauliflower in the lemon tahini sauce. Return cauliflower to oven and roast for 5 minutes to toast the tahini sauce
- Season roasted cauliflower with sea salt to taste. Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix
Other Paleo and Whole30 compatible roasted veggie recipes:
Pin recipe for later: