This lemon rosemary chicken is one of favorite quick and easy summer dinners. It can be prepared quickly (no long marinade time!) and is delicious on its own or served with a slightly sweet accompaniment like pineapple pepper confetti salsa or slow cooker homemade barbecue sauce.
Recipe serves 4 adults, or our family (2 adults and 2 young children) with leftovers for lunch.
Quick and Delicious Lemon Rosemary Chicken Recipe
Simple, delicious and fast chicken marinade packed with lemon and rosemary flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless (a whole chicken also works well)*
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 lemons juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- Cut breasts horizontally, so they are split in half (this will speed up marinading and cooking time)
- Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients except chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish (or ziplock bag)
- Add chicken to marinade and fully coat
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes up to 4 hours (I have even frozen the marinading chicken at this point)
- Grill over medium heat for 6 to 10 minutes depending on the heat of your grill
*Note: Did you know that 80% of the antibiotics sold in the United States are for livestock? That is why I choose to purchase chicken raised without antibiotics.