This quick and easy sheet pan chicken shawarma recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Ready in just 30 minutes, no fancy spices or marinades are needed to make this flavorful paleo and Whole30 compliant middle eastern inspired meal.
Serve this oven roasted chicken shawarma with fresh greens, tomatoes, hummus, whole wheat pita and my favorite Lemon Tahini Sauce for a delicious dinner your whole family will love.
Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan
Sheet pan meals are one of my favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. It doesn’t get much easier than combining chopped veggies and a protein to roast in the oven while the rest of dinner is prepared.
This chicken shawarma one pan meal is especially quick to prepare because it requires no prep work and is best when served with a few store bought staples. It truly is the perfect answer to the “what are we having for dinner tonight?” dilemma.
While just about any vegetable would be delicious with this roasted chicken shawarma, bell peppers and red onions are the perfect sweet contrast to the middle eastern flavors of the chicken marinade.
Easy Chicken Shawarma Dinner
No special ingredients or spices are needed for this easy roasted chicken shawarma recipe. You can easily create the spice mix out of pantry staples: cumin, paprika, turmeric, all spice, and cinnamon.
Roasted chicken shawarma couldn’t be easier to prepare. Coat the sliced chicken with the shawarma spice blend and avocado oil on the sheet pan and then begin roasting. No marinading needed!
Crispy, spicy tidbits of chicken are secret to this delicious oven roasted chicken shawarma recipe. To make the chicken truly crispy, I cut the chicken thin arrange it with plenty of space around it on the roasting pan. Crowding the chicken will slow the cooking and lead to soggy chicken!
While the chicken is roasting, chop the bell peppers and red onions. After the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, use a wooden or metal spatula to flip the chicken. Top with the veggies and return the sheet pan to the oven for another 15 minutes.
I typically serve this roasted chicken shawarma and veggies with leafy greens, tomatoes, hummus, whole wheat pita, and lemon tahini sauce. If you are following a gluten-free, paleo, or Whole30 diet, omit the pita and simple serve the roasted chicken on a large bed of greens with the roasted veggies, tomatoes, diced avocado and lemon tahini dressing.
This recipe serves our family of 4 for dinner. You can easily double the recipe (two roasting pans worth) to serve more people or if you want leftovers for lunch later in the week.
Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma Sheet Pan Recipe
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless & organic
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, or other healthy oil
- 1 tbsp cumin, ground
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp allspice, ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 sweet bell peppers*
- 1 red onion
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Slice chicken thighs into 1/2 inch or 1 cm thick strips, place on baking sheet with 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Add shawarma spices to sliced chicken thighs and toss to coat completely
- Roast sliced chicken in oven for 15 minutes while slicing bell pepper and red onion
- Toss chicken and top with sliced peppers and onion. Return chicken and veggies to oven and roast for another 10 minutes
- Remove sheet pan from oven and serve chicken shawarma and veggies immediately with your favorite salad greens, tomatoes, hummus and lemon tahini dressing
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 42g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix
- Did you know that 80% of the antibiotics sold in the United States are for livestock? That is why I choose to purchase chicken raised without antibiotics.
- Red and green bell peppers consistently test positive for pesticide residues, including organophosphate pesticides. That is why I choose to buy organic or pesticide free bell peppers. Read more about pesticides and produce.
Other delicious roasted sheet pan meals:
Roasted sesame ginger chicken with baby bok choy, carrots and red bell peppers
Roasted ginger turmeric chicken with vegetables
Pin recipe for later: