Peach Spinach Salad with Basil and Toasted Almonds is my favorite to bring to summer cookouts. The combination of juicy sweet peaches, salty toasted almonds, and fresh basil is really delicious.
Plus, this salad is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan so almost anyone can enjoy it!
Simple Make-Ahead Peach Basil Spinach Salad
With just seven ingredients, including the dressing, this peach spinach salad is quick enough for a weeknight.
This salad is a fantastic choice for a summer cookout because it can be easily doubled and does not wilt quickly. Because this salad is vegan, there are no eggs or mayo in the dressing to spoil if it stays out in the summer heat.
Your whole family will love this Peach Basil Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds
This peachy spinach salad is the first salad my boys would eat without complaint.
When first introducing this salad to my children, I served it deconstructed. Learn more about why serving deconstructed meals works well for children.
Now, both my boys happily eat this peachy spinach salad fully tossed with dressing.
Peach Basil and Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds Recipe
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided, olive oil can also be used
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cups baby spinach, about 6-oz*
- 2 peaches*
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips (chiffonade)
- Sauté almonds in 1 tablespoon avocado oil until light brown and toasted. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside to cool
- Whisk together dijon mustard, maple syrup, and remaining 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Set aside until ready to serve salad
- Place washed baby spinach in a medium size salad bowl
- Top spinach with sautéed almonds, it is okay if they are still a little warm
- Peel* and dice peaches into small cubes (approximately 1 centimeter), add to spinach
- Optional: to make peach roses, slice peach halves into 1/8 inch thick slices and follow instructions for apple roses (without baking the peaches).
- To serve, add salad dressing and toss until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information calculated by Nutritionix
This recipe serves four people. However, it is hard to not want seconds of this salad, so I always double or triple the recipe if I am making it for a cookout with friends.
*Notes: Spinach and peaches consistently test positive for pesticides in the USDA’s Pesticide Data Program, so I choose to purchase organically raised, when I can. Peel peaches unless using organic.
Other delicious healthy summer salad and salad dressing recipes:
This recipe was originally published in April 2017. The instructions and description have been updated along with the photos.