This one pan roasted ginger turmeric chicken meal is an easy weeknight dinner that is packed with flavor. It uses one of my all-time favorite marinades (ginger turmeric marinade) and is loaded with delicious roasted vegetables.
Delicious Ginger Turmeric Chicken and Veggies
While just about any vegetable would be delicious in this sheet pan meal, crispy roasted cauliflower pairs especially well with the turmeric and ginger flavors of the chicken marinade.
I also add sliced zucchini, red onion and red bell pepper because they take on a sweet flavor that is a nice balance to the ginger turmeric chicken.
Healthy and Easy Roasted Ginger Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables
Roasted sheet pan meals are my go-to for busy weeknight dinners. They are easy to assemble and roast quickly while you get on with everything else during the busy pre-dinner hour.
Lay the marinaded chicken on top of the veggies before roasting the whole meal in the oven.
Roast sheet pan meal for 20 to 25 minutes at 425 degrees F until everything is cooked through and tips of cauliflower are crispy.
I typically serve this roasted ginger turmeric chicken on a bed of quinoa and baby spinach leaves.
The recipe serves our small family of 4 for dinner.
I sometimes double the recipe (two roasting pans worth) for nights when the boys are particularly hungry or when we want leftovers for lunch later in the week.
Roasted Ginger Turmeric Chicken and Cauliflower Recipe
Ginger Turmeric Marinade:
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled or 1 teaspoon powder turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos, (low sodium tamari or soy sauce can also be used, recipe will not be paleo or Whole30 compatible)
Ginger Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables:
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 1.5 lbs
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch disks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced*
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Combine ginger, turmeric, garlic, cumin, paprika, dried oregano, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos in a food processor or blender. Process to make a thick paste
- Marinade chicken in Ginger Turmeric Marinade while preparing vegetables or ahead of time, up to overnight
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and wash
- Cut washed zucchini into 1 inch disks
- Transfer cauliflower and zucchini to roasting pan and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle diced red bell pepper and red onion over veggies
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on top of veggies in sheet pan
- Roast in 425°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, tips of cauliflower flowerets are crispy, and zucchini disks are tender
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a serving dish and liquid from roasting pan into a gravy boat
- Serve veggies and chicken on a bed of quinoa or or baby spinach leaves with pan liquid as a sauce
Prep time does not include marinading chicken
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Sodium: 457mgFiber: 3.5gProtein: 37g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate and will depend on the specific ingredients used to prepare this recipe.
- Did you know that 80% of the antibiotics sold in the United States are for livestock? That is why I choose to purchase chicken raised without antibiotics.
- Red and green bell peppers consistently test positive for pesticide residues, including organophosphate pesticides. That is why I choose to buy organic or pesticide free bell peppers. Read more about pesticides and produce.
Tested and delicious substitutions:
- Low sodium soy sauce can be used in place of tamari (recipe will not be gluten-free)
- Coconut aminos can be used in place of tamari if you want a soy-free and gluten-free option (for paleo & Whole30 compatible meal)
Try these other delicious roasted sheet pan meals:
Roasted sesame ginger chicken with baby bok choy, carrots and red bell peppers (Whole30 and Paleo Options)
Easy Chicken Shawarma with veggies (Whole30 and Paleo)
Pin recipe for later:
Originally published in January 2018, this recipe has been updated with refreshed images and improved directions.