Salmon is one of my favorite quick and healthy summer dinners. In the summer, I grill salmon with either a light coating of olive oil and minced fresh rosemary or an herbed butter. Salmon cooks incredibly fast on the grill, depending on the thickness of the salmon fillet. So there is just enough time to throw together a salad before dinner is ready!
The number of servings depends on size of salmon fillet. A 4-oz piece of salmon is the recommended serving for adults, which is approximately the size of an adult palm.
Note: I choose wild-caught or Norwegian farmed salmon, read more about the differences between wild-caught and farmed salmon
Grilled Salmon with Herbed Butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 salmon fillet (1.5 to 2 lbs)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Combine butter, garlic and basil in a small dish
- Generously coat salmon fillet
- Grill salmon on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the salmon flesh flakes when lifted gently with a fork. Be careful to not over cook the salmon
Are you interested in other quick and healthy dinners? Check out these recipes:
Pin recipe for later…