I am a creature of habit when it comes to preparing salmon. I season it with either a light coating of olive oil, salt and minced fresh rosemary or an herbed butter. In the summer, I tend to default to herbed butter simply because I love basil and always have it growing in my garden.
The number of servings depends on size of salmon fillet. A 4-oz piece of salmon is the recommended serving for adults, which is approximately the size of an adult palm.
Note: I choose wild-caught or Norwegian farmed salmon, read more about the differences between wild-caught and farmed salmon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 fillet of salmon
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- Combine butter, garlic and basil in a small dish
- Generously coat salmon fillet
- Grill salmon on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the salmon flesh flakes when lifted gently with a fork. Be careful to not over cook the salmon
Pin recipe for later…