Are you craving a sweet treat that is satisfying, delicious and yet not loaded with added sugar? These paleo Chocolate Coconut Haystacks are the perfect choice!
With just two ingredients, these chocolate haystacks are a crunchy, decadent dessert.
Paleo Chocolate Coconut Haystacks
Chocolate coconut haystacks are so easy to make. You don’t even need a double boiler to melt the chocolate!
Simply quick tempered the chocolate in the microwave using these easy-to-follow steps.
With just two ingredients, these toasted pecan chocolate haystacks are a quick and easy dessert that are naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
Depending on the chocolate you choose, these chocolate haystacks can also be paleo, vegan, and keto friendly!
Choosing a Healthier Dark Chocolate
I use 72% dark chocolate for all of my baking and desserts. Trader Joe’s sells a 72% dark chocolate that is delicious and reasonably priced. However, the TJ’s dark chocolate is sweetened with refined sugar, and is therefore not paleo.
Thrive Market also sells a good paleo 72% dark chocolate sweetened with coconut sugar.
Please note that I am not compensated by either Trader Joe’s or Thrive Market for these recommendations. I am simply sharing recommendations for products that I choose to purchase.
Chocolate Coconut Haystack Recipe
- 200 grams dark chocolate, I prefer 72% dark chocolate
- 100 grams coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Evenly distribute coconut flakes on baking sheet and toast in oven for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden. Set aside to cool
Quick Temper Chocolate
- Chop chocolate into small chunks, transfer all but the smallest crumbs/pieces to a glass bowl
- Melt chocolate in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until mostly melted
- Continue to stir chocolate until completely melted and cool to touch
- Add chocolate crumbs to melted chocolate, stir to incorporate
Make Chocolate Coconut Haystacks
- Add cooled toasted coconut flakes to tempered chocolate. Stir until the coconut is fully coated with chocolate
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the chocolate and coconut mixture onto parchment paper to set
- Once set, serve or store in an air-tight container for up to one week
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 17mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
Other paleo desserts you may enjoy:
Pin recipe for later: