This Sesame Ginger Lime marinade is one of my family’s all-time favorites. Sweetened with a touch of maple syrup, the savory flavors of toasted sesame oil and ginger the perfect complement to any asian inspired meal.
Chicken thighs prepared with this sesame ginger lime marinade are delicious addition to asian inspired salads for an easy summer meal.
You can also use this simple asian-inspired marinade for a delicious one pan roasted sesame ginger chicken and vegetable meal.
This sesame ginger marinade is also delicious on salmon, shrimp and tofu!
Easy Make-Ahead Sesame Ginger Marinade
I often double the ginger soy lime marinade recipe. Freezing chicken already marinaded makes for a quick and easy week-night dinner. Just thaw the chicken and grill!
Sesame Ginger Lime Marinade Recipe
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce, (use coconut aminos for paleo or Whole30, tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 T maple syrup (omit for Whole30)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow glass dish, mix thoroughly
- Add protein, coating completely in marinade
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes up to overnight
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: all
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1027mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g
*Note: Did you know that 80% of the antibiotics sold in the United States are for livestock? That is why I choose to purchase chicken raised without antibiotics.
Tested and delicious soy sauce substitutions:
- Gluten-free marinade: use Tamari in place of low sodium soy sauce
- Paleo marinade: use coconut aminos as a substitute for tamari or soy sauce
- Whole30 compatible marinade: omit the maple syrup and use coconut aminos instead of tamari
Quick & Easy sheet pan meal using this delicious Sesame Ginger Marinade:
Other delicious and healthy marinades you may enjoy:
Originally published in Sept, 2017, this recipe has been updated with enhanced instructions and refreshed photos.